Check In / Check Out
Please check-in at our newly remodeled Office, which is located at the bottom of the lane, adjacent to Cabin 8. While there, browse through our merchandise, look through our photo album of those fish that were caught last year, and pick up some information about the lake.
check-in after 3pm
check-in after 1pm (Sun. - Fri.)
check-in after 3pm (Sat.)
Please stop by the Office the day before you leave to settle any purchases you may have put on your account during the week, and to get that last-minute memorabilia item of your stay with us. You may also leave a deposit to reserve your cabin or campsite for next year!
check-out before 9am
check-out before 12pm, noon (Sun. - Fri.)
check-out before 9am (Sat.)
For stays of 3 nights or more, a non-refundable deposit of $250 per cabin ($500 for cabins 7 or 8) or $100 per campsite confirms your reservation. A one night’s rental amount confirms a cabin or camping reservation of less than 3 nights. Your reservation will be cancelled if your deposit is not received by its stated due date.
Please note that deposits are non-refundable. You are responsible for the entire amount of the reservation if you cancel less than 90 days before the start of your reservation, and if the cabin or campsite is not re-rented. However, if we are able to re-rent the unit, only the deposit is forfeited.
Please pay the balance of your cabin or campsite reservation upon arrival at the Office. Additional charges may be made on your account during the week (ice cream bars, Resort merchandise, gas for boats, etc.) which can be paid upon departure.
All rates are subject to applicable sales tax. Rates are based on payment in cash or personal check. We gladly accept Visa and MasterCard, but payments via debit or credit card are subject to an additional 3% convenience charge.
Guests and Pets
Sunset Bay welcomes groups and large families. When a group reserves 3 or more unit-weeks, Sunset Bay Resort reserves the right to require a prepayment of the entire base amount of the reservation 90 days prior to arrival. The balance of the group reservation, including charges for additional people, pets, and sales tax, is due upon arrival at the resort.
Well behaved pets are welcome at Sunset Bay with applicable pet fees. Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and kept off resort furniture including beds. Unattended pets in any area of the resort is not allowed. Violations are subject to removal of the pet(s) from the resort, and/or damage fees. Max 2 pets per cabin/campsite. For pets add $20 per day or $100 per week per pet for cabins and our travel trailer, and $8 per day or $42 per week per pet for campsites. To insure a pleasant stay for all our guests, we insist that all waste be cleaned up immediately by the pet owner or handler. Please let us know when making your reservation that you have a pet, so that we can be sure we can accommodate him/her. We do have designated areas at the north and south ends of the beach for those pets who like to swim, so please keep them away from the buoyed swimming area, the beach, and the playground.
Day guests are allowed and will be charged a guest fee of $10 for each guest staying over 30 minutes. All day guests must check in at the office immediately upon entering the resort prior to parking at any cabin or campsite, and depart by sundown (guests remaining after sundown are subject to applicable extra person charges). Due to space constraints and congestion, guest vehicles may be asked to park in an assigned area.
One bundle (approximately 12 pieces) of firewood is provided with your weekly cabin or campsite rental. Additional bundles are available at $5 each and will be delivered directly to your fire ring.
MN Department of Natural Resources regulations state it is illegal to bring firewood into state parks, state forest campgrounds, or day-use areas unless purchased from an approved vendor. In order to protect our wooded habitats, we are also abiding by this law and prohibiting guests from bringing wood onto Sunset Bay Resort property. We appreciate your cooperation in these efforts.
We allow personal watercraft to launch from our beach as long as you check with us before launching. At all times, Minnesota rules and regulations for personal watercraft must be followed. Please also be considerate of other resort guests when using these crafts.
The following are life jacket requirements in Minnesota:
- State law requires children under 10 years old to wear a life jacket while a boat is underway.
- A readily accessible and wearable life jacket is required for each person onboard a boat, this includes canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, paddle boats, and waterfowl boats.
- One Type IV throwable is required on boats 16 feet or longer (except canoes and kayaks) and must be immediately available.
- Personal watercraft operators and passengers must each wear a life jacket.
- For your safety, we strongly recommend everyone on board a watercraft of any kind wears a life jacket at all times.
Sunset Bay Resort supplies life jackets free of charge for guest use. They are located on the exterior wall next to the game room. We ask that all life jackets be returned to that location when you are finished using them.
Aquatic Invasive Species
Before traveling to Minnesota every boater must:
- Clean all aquatic plants, zebra mussels, and other prohibited invasive species from boats and trailers.
- Drain water-related equipment (boat, ballast tanks, portable bait container, and motor) and drain bilge, livewell, and baitwell by removing drain plugs. Keep drain plugs out and water-draining devices open while transporting watercraft.
In Minnesota it is illegal to:
- Transport watercraft without the drain plug removed.
- Arrive at lake access with drain plug in place.
- Transport aquatic plants, zebra mussels, or other prohibited species, whether dead or alive.
- Launch watercraft with prohibited species attached.
- Transport water from Minnesota lakes or rivers.
- Release live bait into the water.
Window unit air conditioners are available for rent at a rate of $60 per week, or $10 per night. These are available on a first come first serve basis. Once installed, you are responsible for the cost of the air conditioner for the remainder of your stay.