The surrounding area offers numerous golf courses, bike trails, a movie theater, a community recreation center, museums, the weekly Perham International Turtle Races, the Turtle Fest in June, the East Otter Tail County Fair in July, plus many antique and specialty shops. There are churches of most denominations, and many places for dining and dancing. Maplewood State Park, Glendalough State Park and Inspiration Peak are not far from Sunset Bay. Also nearby is Minnesota’s first official birding trail, the Pine to Prairie Trail.
- Thumper Pond Golf Course in Ottertail
- Perham Lakeside Golf Club in Perham
- Balmoral Golf Course in Battle Lake
- Wildflower Golf Course in Detroit Lakes
The Comet Theater
- We also have movies to watch in the Game Room.
Perham Area Community Center
- Pools, waterslides, fitness rooms, roller skating & more!
- Perham Area Community Center
Bowling & Events Center
- The Cactus
Events in Town
- Turtle Races – Every Wednesday at 10 a.m. in Perham City Park during June, July & August
- Turtle Fest
- East Otter Tail County Fair at the Perham Fairgrounds
- Things to do Locally
- Complete Calendar of Events